Thursday, August 15, 2024

Sometimes Sympathy Cards are Necessary

  The Creative  Crafters 
Join the  The Creative  Crafters challenge, a monthly challenge which opens every 15th of the month.  I needed a sympathy card for a friend from years back.  I did go for flowers and you know I'm really not a stamped flower kind of person, but when I'm in the mood, I can do it.  I do really like this card.
 
This challenge is always "Anything Goes".   

Be sure to join The Creative  Crafters challenge!

Today's card features purple and yellow colors.  Photographing it, this looks quite discordant, but in RL, it's not.  I think this has a vitality that she would like to remember her son by.

Supplies:
Rubbernecker Above and Beyond - stamp & die not available on Brass & Bliss
My Favorite Things With Sympathy die - not available on MFT
Altenew Layered Plaid Cover Die A & B bundle
Copic markers
Wink of Stella dotted on the stamens (inside of the flower)
Vagabond die cut machine

I am entering the following challenges:
Mix It Up Challenge Blog Anything Goes” w opt twist 8
A Cut Above (1/3) always a die
SheepSki Designs "Anything Goes" 3/3
Scrapping for Fun "anything Goes"




6 comments:

Dawn T said...

A thoughtful card Arlene.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful bloom, Arlene, and I love the plaid coverplate with that sentiment too!

Vicki said...

This is such a lovely sympathy card Arlene. Beautiful die cut background and flowers. Pretty colors too. Thanks so much for sharing at A Cut Above's August Challenge.

Birgit said...

This is beautiful Arlene! A fantastic use of those dies. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at A Cut Above, I hope we see you back again soon!
Guest designer for A Cut Above

*Vicki* said...

Such a beautiful card! I love the die cut background in the purples and the bright yellow flower really pops out over it! Thanks so much for joining us at the MIU challenge!

Elizabeth Hart said...

A lovely and thoughtful card!! Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge