Friday, August 2, 2024

July Card Chain Challenge Reveal

Reveal Time for the Card Chain Challenge

When the challenge is announced, I'm always wondering what option I will go with and rarely is it the color palette or sketch option. I haven't used my embossing folders for awhile and so that became the first product I searched for.  I did make a sky recently and couldn't find this folder for the life of me. It was right where it was supposed to be, so I grabbed it before it escaped again.

Why don't you join us?  Sign up here
but be sure to mail your homemade card!


I went for dry embossing and friendship.

Front of shadow card with the cloud embossed background

Close up - hard to see that second level which is a table & empty chairs


Back of shadow card - since you have to die cut a piece out of the front, I just used the cut piece as a place to write a small message and color stamped girl.

Supplies:
My Favorite Things Shadow Box Die-namics
Scrappy Tails Flower Shop Stamp - sentiment & flower lady on card back
Scrappy Tails Coffee Shop Stamps & dies - man & woman at table
Scrappy Tails J'adores Valentines Day Card Kit - lamp post & table & chairs in back of the main table
Elizabeth Craft Designs Cloud embossing folder
Distress ink Broken China
Waffle Flower Shader 1+ Double ended brushes
Copic markers
Vagabond die cut machine







7 comments:

papierelle said...

A really beautiful summer scene. It's so much fun to sit in a cafe in the summer.

HilaryJane said...

Wow, this is really special. So detailed and intricate. I am glad you found that embossing folder xx

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful shadow card design - it fits right in with the Olympics being held in Paris - this couple is sitting outside a lovely cafe! Julia xx

Dawn T said...

Stunning Arlene. Such a great project.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fab shadow box with cafe scene, Arlene!!

Pia S said...

I think your shadow box card is so beautiful and special and I like how you made the scene with different layers, adding empty chairs in the background. And the cloudy sky looks great too.

Imke said...

What a wonderful shadow box, Arlene. The image is so summery.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE.....also a link the challenge :-)