Friday, October 27, 2023

California Dreamin'

 California Dreamin'

Thank you to Linda of DCD for sending me this great stamp set from Hero Arts.  Linda found the right place for this stamp set and I had fun creating this fun card.  A little Copic marker here, a little Copic marker there and it's off to a friend who moved to Illinois from California.  I'm here to stay, no snow for me to shovel.  LOL

I'm having trouble inserting my photos from my files and I will work on this, but I can download directly from my photos.  This is a small card, but one that will be well received by my friend in the Chicago area as she lived here in California for most of her life.  AND she's coming back for a visit soon, well, fairly soon.  

This is a small square card, but perfect to fit in an A2 envelope. Wait until you see the cute envelope I made for this card.  I think Lesley's mailman will be hearing Owl sounds coming from his mailbag.

Inside of card and a perfect sentiment


The Envelope below - that's right.  I blame Kat Scrappiness for making this cute stamp set.  There's a separate owl and lots of fun sayings.  I wrote the name and address inside the large house and mailed it on its way after checking with the post office that I could indeed mail this.  What a cute surprise awaits my friend when she receives her mail in a few days. To color this image, I put paper in the envelope just in case the markers bled through to the back.


Supplies:
Hero Arts Golden State
Kat Scrappiness Owl Envelope Art Stamp set (only $4.99 right now)
Rubbernecker Nested RC Square - small die set
Kat Scrappiness Never Ending Square dies
The Paper Studio enamel dot - yellow
Copic markers
Vagabond die cut machine

2 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Awww - darling card with that California set, Arlene - so glad you could give it a good home!! Love how you colored your home state!!

Dawn T said...

Too cute Arlene. Great card and love the envelope. What fun and I can imagine your friend is thrilled with it.