Monday, September 24, 2012

September CCC

I'm not sure if this stamp is a new winter stamp by Hero Arts (may be from last year), but I've seen how beautifully the scene is when others in the Hero Arts Flickr group have used it. I had to use Winter Scene (K5524), but as an Autumn stamp, not winter.  The only reason I tried it is because of the September Hero Arts challenges for this month.

After clear embossing,, I used some Distress Inks and I love the orange glow on the scene.  You can't beat Distress Inks for color.  Spiced Marmalade is on top, Wild Honey and Scattered Straw sponged on.  I like the way the Hero Arts Cling Dots (CG139) adds depth to the kraft panel (which is part of a battered used file folder).  I really hate to part with it.  

4 comments:

Mariƫtte said...

This one is gorgeous. Love the colors and brilliant idea to use this stamp with fall colors.

Cat Craig said...

I too love the way dots show on craft. A nice autumn card, Arlene.

Dawn T said...

it is beautifully coloured Arlene. Lucky for the recipient.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Wonderful kraft panel design across the card filled with perfectly blended inks!