Tuesday, September 1, 2015

My First SHAKER

Whoohoo!  Yes, I've never made a shaker card before, but I love the way this card turned out..  I know this looks pretty simple.  But I spent 1 and 1/2 hours looking for something to put in with the houses  How can you have a shaker card with nothing to shake? . I finally found the sequins- big sigh.

I think the houses are so cute.  I had to cut them out and make a little scene.  The Swiss Dot embossing folder made a plain background come alive.  I covered white paper with a Copic Snow Green (G0000) color for the cool landscape.  Even though this isn't snow falling, I think the sequins add a delightful flare.
a2z Globe Sept 2015

I love how just moving one house behind a piece of paper gives a three dimensional feel of distance.  The houses are equal in height, but the house in back is thinner and appears taller than the house in front.  I usually color, but didn't even color anything but the hill.  I like the fact that I can color or just flow with the pre-colored houses in the digital kit.
Supplies:
Since the challenge is to make a Shaker card, I had to try my hand at it too.  To catch the samples at a2Z Scrapbooking, click here.

Hope you’ll join in our September Challenge and make a shaker card with your Hero Arts stamps, dies and stencils. And, if you need some new supplies, don’t forget to shop at a2z Scrapbooking.
If you are in need of any items from the a2z Scrapbooking store  you can use code Arlene15 at checkout to receive 15% off your purchase of $25 or more (before tax and shipping).  Don’t forget that we are on TwitterInstagram and Facebook.  Follow us on these different social media outlets so you won’t miss out on any fun promotions!

Arlene

2 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Well done on your first try!! The round window makes it look like snow globe, and the slanted landscape a very fun detail!!

Dawn T said...

Beautifully done Arlene. It looks stunning. I'm not a fan of Shaker cards but love this one.