Monday, September 14, 2015

Elegant Sympathy Card

My girlfriend's father-in-law passed away last week and the funeral was Saturday.  She always spoke so highly of him.  I made a card for her and her husband with a new Elizabeth Craft Designs die featuring Quietfire "With Sympathy".


You do need to use the metal plate, but it was easy to pull from the die.  You really should use adhesive sheets because you don't want glue to smear onto the metallic shimmer sheetz.  The butterflies flew in from the Garden Notes - Bugs & Butterflies die set from Elizabeth Craft Designs.

I really had run out of ideas for a nice sympathy card.  I didn't want anything ostentatious or cluttered or frilly.  I just wanted simple and I think I got it.

This will go into work with me tomorrow so she'll have it waiting for her when she comes into work.

Hugs and warm thoughts to my dear friend.
Arlene

1 comment:

Dawn T said...

So very elegant Arlene. It is a perfect card for the sad reason.