Sunday, June 30, 2024

A Farewell to Elizabeth Craft Designs for This Month.


The Die Cut Divas' Theme is "Your Favorite Die Cut Shapes".
You only have until 9:00 p.m. tonight to enter here

I think we all have many favorite die cuts from square or round to houses and forests.  My first card is a slimline card, which I haven't done in quite some time.  I've cut an Elizabeth Craft Designs (ECD) fence to make it into train tracks by cutting off the fence tops.  I had fallen in love with a card from an ECD DT when these die cuts came out and had to get that fence just to make train tracks.  

I made my own sky and couldn't find my ECD cloud stencil so I chose Broken China Distress Oxide ink to sponge in a sky.  I tore up some paper and sponged away on the panel.  I put the sponged panel down and realized I had made mountains instead of clouds.  This is one mistake I love.  I always hate to give away my train cards.  


For my next card, I only used the train engine and made a mini slimline card.  I used this dotted patterned paper because somehow it just reminds me of a blue sky with snowflakes and is a bit whimsical. 


 I happen to like using Nuvo drops for those small dots that seem to disappear upon taking them out of the dies, no matter how I try to corral them, 

Supplies on both cards:
Elizabeth Craft Designs Holiday Train
Elizabeth Craft Designs Sentiment die set containing both sentiments on the cards
Nuvo Drops Crystal Drops Gloss Red Berry
Distress Oxide Broken China
Waffle Flower Shader Brush 1+ - Double Ended -  5 pack
Vagabond die cut machine

First Card also included
Elizabeth Craft Designs Train Carts
Elizabeth Craft Designs Slimline Adventure Edges (cut to be railroad tracks)

Second Card also included
The Paper Studio Enamel Stickers (set includes light & dark grays, black & white)
Scrap papers








2 comments:

Greta said...

Oh wow--2 darling cards with so many details! Love them both, Arlene!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two super cute train cards, Arlene - love the fence as train tracks (must use that one!)!!