Sunday, May 8, 2011

Casual Fridays and Hero Arts ATCs

Is it Sunday or Monday?  If it's Sunday, then this is my third post of the day and if it's Monday, it is the first post of the day.... It's Sunday night for me and I'm posting a couple things tonight before my head hits the pillow.  I made my card as CAS  for the Casual Friday challenge, as I could get it and I'm quite pleased with the result.

Here's the challenge: Use stamps, texty pattern paper, a page torn from your phone book, 
or create your own..get creative!  *we are looking for text, not just a simple sentiment*
Just incorporate text prominently into your newly created CAS project,

I used the Hero Arts Friend Definition as the background cardstock and then took a border punch to some wondered vintage style 12" X 12" paper.  I popped-dotted the Hero Arts Sentiment right over the vintage paper which is pop-dotted onto the notecard.
I had made some fans after seeing the beautiful fan on Lavender and Roses.  She took me to a tutorial that is easy to follow, so you too can make these easy fold fans too.

Two ATCs for Hero Arts and I'm too late for Wee Memories and paper-piecing, but I did finish them.  


FIRST ATC:
I got the idea from Lavender and Roses - . There is a tutorial at Ginger Snap Creations that is easy to follow - I followed them, so they have to be easy.  I used the Hero Arts Leaf Cluster CG288 as background in Victorian Velvet and Shabby Shutters Distress Inks.  The little boy is paper-pieced on the Hero Arts stamp image Special Edition: Asian Dolls LP146
Because the fan is so large, I named this ATC "The Fan is All".






This second ATC, named "Summer in China" is another paper-pieced Hero Arts stamp image Special Edition: Asian Dolls LP146, but with a smaller fan and mounted on some wonderful cardstock I found at my LLS, The Stamp Art Shoppe.

12 comments:

Dawn T said...

Awesome card and ATC's Arlene. That is a lovely PP you used.

Pajalu said...

Wow Arlene these are all so beautifully done. Your fans look amazing as does your CAS card xoxoxoxo

Laurie said...

These cards are so neat! I love the vintage feel! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!!

Michele Gross said...

Love the fun border you punched on the map and then laid over the texty cardfront. Wonderfully CAS! So happy you joined us at CAS-ual Fridays! To answer your question about tagging, it would be CFC1 :)

Kryssi said...

Awesomely fun cards! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

So cute and fun - perfect for the texty challenge! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!! Hope you'll share more of your beautiful work with us again!!

Karen B. said...

These are beautiful projects, love the map like text in the back. Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays.

Virginia L. said...

FABULOUS take on the challenge, Arlene!! Beautiful use of the text paper and your little ATC is a treasure to be had! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! So glad you join in on the fun!

Laura Davis said...

Darling!
Thanks for playing at CAS!
Laura

Jaclyn Miller said...

I really like that map background with that frame. Thanks so much for playing along with the first ever CAS-ual Fridays challenge.

Teresa - My Crafty Heart said...

Wow, two beautiful projects Arlene! love the fans that you made, so clever and so perfect for that ATC. Love the Asian influence & beautiful papers on both too. Hugs, Teresa xx

susanne said...

These ATCs are wonderful Arlene, I love the beautiful beads attached to the fans, just gorgeous! Thanks so much for the mention Arlene :)