Friday, April 17, 2009

What can I say? Stamping Mathilda...

I joined Swap-bot about a month ago and have had a pleasant trading experience. My name is Clarian on swap-bot. I was certainly leery at first, but decided I'd get my feet wet by participating in some easy swaps. They have a rating system of 1 to 5, 5 being the highest rating and a bonus heart if the item you sent/made was above the expected. Here's some of the first few I've done:

  • Email your partner your flickr photo address and for a heart, a few additional favorite flickr person's photos address.
  • Send a naked postcard to 3 partners (naked - as not in an envelope... yes written on)
  • Sender's Choice (ATC)to 2 partners
  • Tree ATC
  • Send 2 notecards with envelopes to 2 partners

You have to get your feet wet, so to speak. People don't want other people flaking on their trades, so that's why they have a rating system... Yes, all this to get to Stamping Mathilda...

I have joined 3 groups and on ATC Addicts Club I found a wonderful post on a folded container for ATCs. And guess where it took me? No guessing required when it concerns Stamping Mathilda and her most delightful, interesting and instructional blog.

If you'd like to try ATCs, there are many flickr groups that are fun and you might do some one-on-one trading at first. You send a message or write a note on the comment for the particular ATC you're interested in and ask to trade. I usually send an email. I'm picky about what I like and don't want something with just stickers on it... sorry to those I might offend, but that's just my likes and dislikes... I'm also not a fan of putting wings on a little girl and such...

Have fun visiting Stamping Mathilda and maybe make an ATC or few...

No comments: