Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Latest Cards

I have stamped one layer cards, but mostly non-Hero Arts (HA) stamps, so when the challenge went out for a one layer card this week, I really didn't want to do it... which surprised me.. well, no, it didn't... to be honest, I just knew it would be more work than I wanted to do... hahaha

Here's a fairy (dearly love this stamp) that I stamped, colored and mailed to a wonderful person I've met through Flickr in Japan along with the second card here:

Fairy in purple and blue Mar 2009Lovely lady March 2009

I love the fairy stamps from Stamps Happen. I just checked and I don't see very many now. The one I have must have been retired... she must have become a bit overwhelmed with taking care of all the flowers. The woman collage is by Inkadinkado - no name on the stamp.

Now on to the HA card. I am pleased with the results, but I just didn't want to cut out the masks so I could do the background for the little dolls. Oh, well, it didn't hurt... much... and now I have the masks for future use. I used a torn piece of copy paper to hold against my card so that when I sponged the colors, there wasn't a straight line definition, but a more natural flow. I used the piece of copy paper with the torn edge facing down from the top of the card, moving the paper around the card, dabbing in greens for the bottom and blues, pinks, yellow for the top. I turned the torn part so it was on the bottom for some of the sky. The two dolls stand out so vividly against the background. I stamped the Slanted Tree onto the sponged background and masked images twice; the second stamping looks like little bushes. I lifted the masks and colored the dolls, fan, and tree. Voila!

Two dolls on one layer card

Thank you for checking here.

No comments: