Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tree Landscape ATC

I like the way this turned out.. I darkened the cardboard back with Distressed ink (Vintage Photo) adhered stamped and sponged background to the cardboard, then made zigzag lines about three times around the tree scape to create a wood frame look.

How I created the scene:
I cut a piece of white cardstock about 1/4' less all around than the Artist Trading Card (ATC) I was making. I just held the paper up to the card and cut it out on my paper cutter. I usually don't measure, unless I'm following instructions on a project - then I usually follow them strickly so I can see how it's done before I think of changing it. I knew what I wanted in a wide sense - a scene of trees on a landscape of green and a sky of blues and pinks.

I sponged green distressed ink on the bottom using a piece of torn copy paper to make the landscape look like gently rolling hills - took the same torn paper and sponged the sky, only I used several shades of blue, levander, pink, red, and yellow.

I stamped the line of trees (perfect for this size) on the sponged surface, darkened some of the trunks with brown marker as I thought the tree was too light with the color of distressed ink I used - Vintage Photo.

I'm going to swap this... even though I love it... and I hope the person who receives it likes it too.

No comments: