Saturday, September 14, 2024

Craft Roulette French Bulletin Board

To the challenge:
Project: French Bulletin Board (background quilted die)
Colors: Winter Dessert(s) (pies in winter, cherry, blueberry, pumpkin)
Element: Balloons - (yes there are balloons)
Random: Bead(s) -(stickers that look like beads)

I had no idea what a French Bulletin Board was, so I looked it up. It can be something very simple that would have some kind of clips to hold items to a board.  The board could be made of cloth with ribbon crisscrossed to hold items.

This board is very simple


This board is made of cloth with ribbon crisscrossed over the top 

At first I was going to leave the background white, but decided to use some Distress Oxide inks and I'm glad I did - it brought out the quilted background.  I really like these fun elephants - honestly - isn't really fun to see elephants holding regular balloons just hanging in the air?
Supplies:
My Favorite Things SY Unforgettable Birthday
My Favorite Things Adorable Elephants (no longer on MFT site)
Kat Scrappiness A2 Quilted Background Die
Copic markers
Starform glitter stickers
Distress Oxide inks Spiced Marmalade, Wild Honey & Worn Lipstick
Vagabond die cut machine

I'm entering the following challenges:
Love To Scrap Challenge Anything Goes (1/8)
We love Stamping - hand colored images or Anything Goes (1/8)
A Place to Start - Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge "Anything Goes" Gem of a Challenge - "Anything Goes"                           




3 comments:

brenda said...

A very effective background and sweet card, many thanks for sharing at We Love Stamping challenge, lovely to have you join us.

B x

Dawn T said...

Just gorgeous Arlene. I love the way you've used to your cover die to make the bulletin board.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fabulous card for CR, Arlene - love the inked background! Perfect for your critters and balloons!!