Thursday, January 18, 2024

Beautiful Christmas Cards

TWO CARDS 

I had to make something, just had to, to enter the Midas Touch Challenge at Christmas Kickstart Challenge.  After I colored the poinsettia with Copic markers, I added some Wink of Stella to the lighter leaves.  Thank you to one of my DTs from Die Cut Divas, I had this beautiful gold frame to work with.  I thought the sentiment was perfect.

Supplies:
Poinsettia (not offered by Birch Press anymore)
Sentiment from Birch Press Contempo Christmas Greetings
Frame - Kat Scrappiness Snowflake Frame Background Craft die
Copic markers
Vagabond die cut machine

My second card was made for a Craft Roulette challenge and I love how it turned out.  The parameters were:
Project: A card with two tags (check out the 2 tags on the presents)
Colors: Guest Choice - Happy colors (pink, blue, sunny yellow)
Element: Nail(s) 
Random: Outside the Line (snow outside the line on mail box)
I love how one set of stamps and dies made this challenge easier to fulfill the challenge.  This is definitely going to be in my Christmas card batch to give to a friend in December 2024.

Elizabeth Craft Designs Stitched Rectangles
Aleene's True Snow
Yellow cardstock with Distress ink Scattered Straw and I think Mustard Seed
Black Nuvo Crystal Drops Gloss Ebony Black for the "nails".
Vagabond die cut machine

I'm entering the following challenges for Card 1:
Merry Little Christmas Challenge (always Anything Christmas Goes)
Simon Says Monday  Sparkle and Shine
My Favorite Things (Ready, Set, Christmas!)


I'm entering the following challenges for Card 2:
Christmas Cards All Year Long (Snowflakes) The 12 months of Christmas challenge - "Anything goes" w/embossing
Sparkles Forum Christmas Challenge  "Winter Wonderland"
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge "Anything Goes" Using Paper Gem of a Challenge - "Anything Goes"   
DL,ART - 12th Blogaverary                     












9 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

These are gorgeous cards
Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge good luck Ginny DT
Penny's Challenge

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the pink poinsettia with the gold snowflake frame, Arlene! Glad you could make use of the frame & thanks for sharing at Christmas Kickstart! Linda, this month's Elf :)

Heather said...

Such fun cards - and I love that snow mailbox! Puffy texture always makes me smile, lol. Very fun colors, too! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

DIANA L. said...

Both your cards are super!! I love it.
Thank you for joining my
DL.ART 12th BLOGAVERSARY and GIVEAWAY

Have a blessed day,
DIANA L.

Lena said...

Both cards are absolutely lovely and so festive. Love the beautiful poinsettia on the first card. It's one of my favourite flowers. The scene you created on your second card is adorable :-) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Christmas Crafts All Year ‘Round. We hope to see you again next time. Have a wonderful day!
♥ Lena ~ DT
Christmas Crafts All Year ‘Round
Lena’s Creations

Dotty Jo said...

Soooo glad you've come to play along, Arlene! I love both cards, but that gold frame and poinsettia make a stunning combo. Happy New Year and big hugs, Jo x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Arlene I wanted to pop by and say thank you for visiting my blog and leaving me such a lovely comment I absolutely love your creations so I have become one of your followers, these two cards are beautiful the designs and colours are super.
hugs
lorraine x

Greta said...

Your poinsettia card is a stunner, Arlene! And the 2nd card is just wonderful with the snowy touch! Thanks for the sweet comment on my white on white card!

Cazro said...

An adorable sweet No 2 card, so pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at Sparkles Christmas. Caz. DT.