Wednesday, August 2, 2023

July's Card Chain Challenge Reveal

 I'm participating in the Card Chain Challenge again.  I just love sending and receiving memorable homemade cards all over the world.

July's challenges are listed below. Choose One - up to you which one.

  
I chose friendship and I thought that the image I stamped was really all about us crafters who have fun crafting together, yet so far apart.  I had tried coloring this before, but didn't even finish it.  I really had fun with the set this time.  I did have a scary moment though.  I thought I picked up a BG00001 and it wasn't!  It was a gray color and NOT what I wanted as I had everything else colored.  I just took a blending (0) marker and did the best I could.  I think it still works out.  LOL  You can usually fix something - where there's a will, there's a way.
Supplies:
Art Impressions unmounted Crafty Girls set (1st time using this rubber stamp)
Elizabeth Craft Designs Stitched Rectangles
Altenew Enamel Dots Green Meadows (1st time using this set of enamel dots)
Copic markers
Vagabond die cut machine

I'm entering the following challenges:
NBUS (Never-Before-Used-Schtuff) Stamped image
Kreativ Tanten  "Anything Goes"
Digi Choosday - "Anything Goes" 

 


14 comments:

ionabunny said...

That is a really fun image Arlene and beautifully coloured. Thanks for being a link in the chain. Hugz

Dawn T said...

Fantastic card Arlene. Love the main image. Perfect for the CCC card,

Dotty Jo said...

Oh, Arlene, what a fab card and perfect for a CCC creation. Thanks for being a link in our chain again, Jo x

Angelnorth said...

I think you have to be in the right mood to colour that sort of image — looks like you hit the sweet spot this time, it looks great, a fab CCC card Arlene!

HilaryJane said...

What a fun card and coloured beautifully. I can't see where you made the mistake so great save. I am often messing things up at the last knockings, sometimes it makes me want to cry! xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

I love that line of stamps & the crafty gals are perfect for the CCC, Arlene!! LOL - I've done the same thing - chosing the wrong marker - great job making it work!!

Joanne said...

Such a fun card! I do find that nearly any little mistake can be fixed too; sometimes you just have to get creative to cover it up.

Bastelmichaela said...

You have created a beautiful card, looks great

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card,love the image and great colouring
Carol x

Julia Aston said...

What a great friendship card Arlene - wonderful coloring on all these fun women enjoying their gathering! Julia xx

Dagmara Gorczyńska said...

Brilliant image and I love your coloring! It really shows crafters and friendship <3

Alex said...

Amazing image with a great coloration! Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Kreativ-Tanten and good luck! Hope you will join us next month again.

Crafty greetings
Alex

*Owner* Creative Crafting Uncles
*DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge
<a href="http://alexkreativeseite.blogspot.de>Alex' Kreative Seite</a>

Darnell said...

I'm glad you finished this one, Arlene, because it's a super card to send to a crafty card chain friend! There is nothing better than friends getting together to make cards, whether in person or virtually. Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Greta said...

Just browsed your blog. Sorry I'm not keeping up with blogs. Hope to do better when I recover from shoulder surgery. I do love your coloring for this great CCC card!