Saturday, August 5, 2023

A Great Day Creating

I spent another Friday watching Crafting Roulette and thinking about what I wanted to make to fit the categories that came up on the roulette wheel.

Project: 4.25" Square
Colors: Craft Roulette
Element: Night
Random: Bottom Border

I made a card 4.25 inches square, not a large card, but I'm thinking of using it for a family gift tag for Xmas.  I had leftover trim on my desk and figured it would be the perfect bottom border and I like it.  I sponged Broken China and Faded Blue Jeans distressed ink, but then decided I wanted a creamer background, so used Broken China and Faded Blue Jeans Distress Oxide inks instead and covered over the distress inks.  I stamped some stars with Unicorn White on the blue background and heat embossed it.  It was lightly starred.  I then decided to use Altenew's Ink Spray Antique Silver on top of that.  I attached the border, put foam tape on the Santa Claus panel that I had already colored with Copic markers and attached it above the border.  Quick and easy, really.
My Wink of Stella threw up on the Santa bag and so I spread it over Santa and the bag and everything sparkles.  I just can't get a copy of the sparkle.

Supplies:
My Favorite Things Die-namics stitched Square STAX 
I printed the Santa panel a couple of years ago and can't remember the company
Your Next Stamp Mini Star Splatter
Clear Wink of Stella 
Altenew Ink Spray - Antique Silver
C
opic markers
Vagabond die cut machine


2 comments:

Dawn T said...

super sweet card Arlene. Just lovely

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling Santa card, Arlene - love the coloring and the background papers you combined!