Saturday, February 22, 2020

Shouting Out To My CCC Recipient, Dawn Turley

If you haven't heard of The Card Chain Challenge and you like to give as well as receive cards, you might consider joining in on the fun for March.   I had made some cards with the Hero Arts Flower Garden Fancy Die and had a few extra things on my desk when I was trying to think about how I wanted to do a card for my friend, Dawn T.  I had given up, but had taken one more glance at the challenge.  I had propped myself on a pillow when this very design popped into my head.  The design was in my mind, but the heart replaced the circle and I saw SCORE LINES in my design.  Well, needless to say, I was ready to go.

Picture shows the die cut beneath the card and the envelope on the left bottom edge of the card.  I took a left-over die-cut piece and sponged worn lipstick distress ink over the top to decorate the front of the envelope.



Close-up below


I die-cut two layers of black cardstock and the top layer of black glitter paper and glued all of them together.  Simple, but I really like it.  I hope Dawn does too!

Supplies:
Hero Arts Flower Garden Fancy Die in red glitter paper
Elizabeth Craft Designs "Smile" die
Altenew Halftone Hearts Nesting Die Set
Glitter paper in black and red
Scoring board
Vagabond die cut machine







4 comments:

Dawn T said...

I certainly do LOVE it Arlene. Thank you so much...it really is so beautiful. And the envelope is a piece of art on it's own!

Cat Craig said...

Lovely card Arlene!

Jutta said...

Simply lovely card Arlene! Have a great March!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Great idea to do the scored lines for the sketch, Arlene! Pretty heart too!!