Friday, February 28, 2020

My New Favorite Hero Arts Die

Almost Leap Day., but I couldn't pass up creating a card with my new Hero Arts "favorite" die right now.  When I saw it in the catalog, I knew I just had to have it and ordered it right away.  It is sold out right now as I think everyone else in Hero Arts land had to have it too.  I can imagine this die being used for almost any occasion from sympathy to wedding.

First I die-cut both glossy and regular card stock with the same size Stitched Rectangle dies.  I then took the card stock and die-cut the paper with the Window on the Garden Fancy Die.    I left the top panel white and sponged oxide distress inks on the glossy piece of white card stock.  I spritzed with water and dabbed it off with a tissue to create texture.   I glued the pieces together and chose a deep grape color note card to glue the panels to.  Minimal decoration and I'm finished.



Close-up below


Supplies:

Hero Arts Window on the Garden Fancy Die
Elizabeth Craft Designs Stitched Rectangles
Memory Box with sympathy die
Distress Oxide Inks Seedless Preserves and Wilted Violet
Flower in stash
Purple glass elements in stash
Vagabond die cut machine

1 comment:

Pink Panoply said...

You've been using some really beautiful dies, Arlene. I love your rose embellishment and the colors you've chosen. Very elegant card! xo