Tuesday, July 4, 2017

My A2Z Calendar for 2017 and HAPPY JULY 4th



This is a continuation of my calendar that I posted on June 4th.  And here it is July 4th, time to celebrate for Americans.  
Happy July 4th!

I think the Destination stamps are great stamps to use if you are journeying to one of these destinations.  Sending a "Wish you were here" note might be kind of sappy, but you can certainly stamp any Destination stamp on a post card and write a little something.

I liked the National Parks for September and October because those are end of summer travels where you can still enjoy the parks.  Some light touches of markers and you're ready to go.  Remember that the calendars are double-sided, so you don't want to use inks or markers that will show on the back of your coloring.



You can see I'm not quite straight on the stamping, but it's not so noticeable on the actual calendar.  
I used some older markers that don't bleed through the papers.

Very simple coloring kept the calendar pages pretty neat and clean.


But November sports a nautical scene while December is sparkly and wintery.

The panel of wood the calendar page is resting on is a thin wood, pre-sticky piece which I won (EK TOOLS).  I thought it would suit the "wooden" ships.  I stamped and die cut the wood panels and only colored some of the sails.  A close-up will show you what I mean.



Close-up of November's scene.  
All of the details you see are from one stamp set and one Die set, even the waves. 
Say hello to Enjoy the Journey.



End of the 2017 year for the first year of my calendar.  The Hero Arts Layering Christmas Tree looks great for a forest of trees.  I wanted a bright season so I die cut some gold paper (unknown brand) with an Elizabeth Craft Designs die.

I wasn't going to stamp a tree directly on the calendar, only the top, but the mini stamp pad landed directly on the calendar.  Oops - save the page by using the green stamp mark as a base for the tree.



My post is on A2Z Scrapbooking's blog here.

Are you on social media? We are! Please join us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook? so you don't miss any fun promotions or new challenge announcements!

Hero Arts Monthly Challenge

Image may contain: flower and text
The a2z scrapbooking store carries a wide variety of Hero Arts products! Get discounted new releases, sales, grab bags & more. Proceeds from our store benefit Celiac & Bechets disease foundations. Use my discount code Arlene15 to get 15% off your purchase of $25 or more. If you're looking for a Hero Arts product you don't see in store, use the Request Custom Order button from with-in the shop.


No comments: