Sunday, December 2, 2012

Santa got all torn up, but now he's dong much better

Not sure how vintage he looks, but I like the way this card turned out - like a card found all ripped up, but put on a newer background.  I am entering it into Our Creative Corner's challenge of Santa Claus is Coming!   The criteria is to do work in the vintage style, Santa Claus must be on it and add something red.  The Santa image is downloaded from the blog.  I colored the red with some Copic Toner Gray markers to make if feel more vintage to me.  Also grayed the white and cheeks.  I can't find washi tape around here, but got some craft tape from Michales, which worked out very well.  The red poinsettia strips and the music bars are craft tape.  I cut the base panel from a pad of K & Company Xmas paper I bought a year ago and the colors are just about an exact match for the music craft tape.  It looks like the music was stamped on the background.


8 comments:

Dawn T said...

LOVE this Arlene. I got the download as well, so must use it. You have done a superb card with this one.

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Arlene.
Welcome to Our Creative Corner, I am so pleased you entered this card, it is just lovely, and I am sure Irena will be pleased with how you have designed it.
Smiles:)
Sue

MarcyK924 said...

Oh Arlene, this card is PERFECT for our challenge! LOVE your layout with those pp and the Santa image! I always love your vintagey cards! Thanks for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner! Hugs, Marcy

Manu W said...

Cute!!!!!!
:-)

Unknown said...

I think you've done a wonderful job with the challenge Arlene and it certainly does have a nice vintage feel to it. Thank you for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner. Hope to see you again :)

Cindy C. said...

The torn edges looks great, it matches Santa's outfit!

Sharon Wheet said...

love the 'stripes' of holiday music on your vintage card. the vintage santa really adds some flair!
thank you for playing along with us @ OCC

Lili said...

Beautiful card Arlene! That Santa Claus image looks gorgeous with your touches of color. If you cannot get washi tape in your area, you can go to this link where there is a tutorial on how to make your own washi tape https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzfqDZcTV2KMelJER2ZNWktMQVk/edit?pli=1
Thanks for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner .