Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Down on the Farm with Chic Chickadee Crafts

Last day of the Die Cut Divas' February challenge.  (Tutorial on working with Word below last photo.

I went a little "down on the farm" here.  Anyone remember that song by Doris Day, "A bushel and a peck"?  Well, it was really quite catchy.   The opening lyric is part of the Sugartree Farmhouse Digital stamp set at Chic Chickadee Crafts.
Lyrics

I love you a bushel and a peck
A bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck
A hug around the neck and a barrel and a heap
A barrel and a heap and I'm talkin' in my sleep...


Close-up below.  Next time I will color the big basket 
a lighter shade so the sentiment is more visible.


I googled how to add another jpeg on top of another jpeg in Word.
  1. I copied, pasted and resized the bushel baskets and sentiment in Word
  2. Working with Word 10, I then clicked on the baskets image.  
  3. While still in the image, I RIGHT-Clicked on "Wrap Text".  
  4. Another drop-down popped up and I clicked on "Behind Text".   
  5. I then clicked on the sentiment.
  6. I RIGHT-Clicked on "Wrap Text".
  7. Another drop-down popped up and I clicked on "Square".
  8. I moved the text over the baskets and resized anything I didn't like.
  9. I printed this off on Copic paper to color.
Supplies:
Die-namics Stitched Rectangles
Elizabeth Design Crafts Postage Stamp Squares
Copic markers E29, E47, E55 & E57; R 24, R27, R29 & R39 plus ) blender
Vagabond die cut machine





3 comments:

Dawn T said...

beautifully done Arlene

Cindy C. said...

Wow it's so beautifully colored!!!

Greta said...

Yes--I remember that song! Great card, Arlene!