Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Happy New Year and New Things.With Kat Scrappiness

When I visited Kat Scrappiness the first time, I couldn't do without buying something and also the 2nd time, etc.  I hope you enjoy everything as much as I do.

Now Kat Scrappiness is Die Cut Divas' first sponsor for the new year, 2020.  Visit the Die Cut Divas challenge blog to see what's happening there.  It's all about the New Things.

My first card for 2020 is a Congratulations card for a friend who is retiring and a very funny friend.  I think she'll get a kick out of this card.

I didn't know what I would do with this zig zag die shape at first, but just went with the flow and cut the card,  cut a scrap paper, then sponged Antique Linen onto the inside of the card using the scrap paper as a template.  Then I started playing around with some other dies in different colors.  For some reason, I kept putting this mandala die on, so that cemented the basic design.  I knew I had colored some Crazy Birds and found one that fit perfectly.  For such a simple card, it took me two whole weeks to come up with what I wanted.  It turned out very cute.


Inside below.  Plenty of space to say we're birds of a feather.


Supplies:
Kat Scrappiness Mandala Die
Kat Scrappiness Zig Zag Border dies (three separate dies in the package)
Distress Ink - Antique Linen
Elizabeth Craft Designs Congratulations Die
Crazy Birds Dies at Kat Scrappiness - Sizzix  Framelits Dies
Vagabond die cut machine


1 comment:

Cindy C. said...

Great design Arlene!!