Saturday, November 23, 2013

Chalkboard - tons of chalkboard

I took a class this month on chalkboard cards.  What surprised me most was that we used Distress Paint dauber, color, Picket Fence.  We used nice black cardstock, but now I have Hero Arts cardstock and I'd like to try their Unicorn Pigment ink.

Here we go with an array of Chalkboard cards. This first card is fairly simple and is just lovely .  I may add some color, but it is really just lovely without color.  The shape of the card gives it an elegant feel.

I thought the two tones of pink ribbon really brightened this card up.  

This is all about die-cuts, really.  The flower under the ribbon is cut by hand.

Close-up of the card.  This is much prettier than the photo depicts.

The black and white of the chalkboard technique is broken up by the patterned paper.

I had fun and hope you have fun too!

3 comments:

Dawn T said...

WOW Arlene. Great cards. Looks like it was a fun class.

Stamping With Bibiana said...

hey arlene: wonderful cards. I like all of them and of course I love this technique, my favorite is the second one with that bow and the sentiment looks so nice, what company is that? thanks for all the comments in my flickr gallery, hopefully you will visit me at my blog!. always thanks for the support
Bibiana
DTM Memory Box

Arlene said...

I don't know what company this is. I'm going to my LSS on Tuesday to color with Copics with a group that meets at The Stamp Art Shoppe every 4th Tuesday. I will try to remember to ask Susan then.