Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Sympathy - full of flowers

I had to make a Sympathy card tonight for a co-worker so everyone at the office can sign it.  A folded sheet of Navy Blue cardstock & my trusty Dot Flower Pattern just came to mind when I decided to make this card.  The background is stamped 2 and 1/4 times across the card surface and embossed with Psychedelic embossing powder.  It's sparkly and you can detect a pattern that sparkles blue and green and is a bit mesmerizing.  I went for large die-cuts and a butterfly and flowers.  I think it works.  Not too sad or too happy.  It really does fit the bill.  I taped a sheet of white paper inside for sentiments and signatures.
Recipe:

Hero Arts Dot Flower Pattern - CG335
Hero Arts Design Block Silhouette - S5033 
Hero Arts Antique Engravings - CL383  (butterfly)
Annette Allen Watkins stamp from 1994 - Sentiment
Copic markers on the butterfly
Glossy Accents on the butterfly
Cuttlebug
Spellbinders circles & Lacy Circles
Distress Ink sponging - Chipped Sapphire
Stamp-N-Stuff Psychedelic Transparent Embossing Powder - must be 15 years old or more

Tomorrow is a HAPPY DAY!   Come visit me during the BLOG HOP!!!

3 comments:

Pajalu said...

Wow Arlene, This is such a gorgeous card. I'm sorry that you had to make a sympathy card, but this is a beautiful card. I am sure that your co-workers will appreciate you making such a gorgeous card.

Dawn T said...

Beautiful card . Sad reason to have to make a card but it will be well received.

Allen Jhon said...

Very Nice Post! I am glad to find this amazing and unique post. No doubt that flowers are an important part of your day-to-day life. They are the best decorative material as well as the best gift to show your feelings and emotions. If you are living in Winnipeg and looking for sympathy flowers in Winnipeg delivery then I must recommend ordering flowers from In Full Bloom Florist. They ensure same-day fresh flowers delivery.