Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Sympathy - full of flowers

I had to make a Sympathy card tonight for a co-worker so everyone at the office can sign it.  A folded sheet of Navy Blue cardstock & my trusty Dot Flower Pattern just came to mind when I decided to make this card.  The background is stamped 2 and 1/4 times across the card surface and embossed with Psychedelic embossing powder.  It's sparkly and you can detect a pattern that sparkles blue and green and is a bit mesmerizing.  I went for large die-cuts and a butterfly and flowers.  I think it works.  Not too sad or too happy.  It really does fit the bill.  I taped a sheet of white paper inside for sentiments and signatures.
Recipe:

Hero Arts Dot Flower Pattern - CG335
Hero Arts Design Block Silhouette - S5033 
Hero Arts Antique Engravings - CL383  (butterfly)
Annette Allen Watkins stamp from 1994 - Sentiment
Copic markers on the butterfly
Glossy Accents on the butterfly
Cuttlebug
Spellbinders circles & Lacy Circles
Distress Ink sponging - Chipped Sapphire
Stamp-N-Stuff Psychedelic Transparent Embossing Powder - must be 15 years old or more

Tomorrow is a HAPPY DAY!   Come visit me during the BLOG HOP!!!

2 comments:

paula laird said...

Wow Arlene, This is such a gorgeous card. I'm sorry that you had to make a sympathy card, but this is a beautiful card. I am sure that your co-workers will appreciate you making such a gorgeous card.

Dawn Turley said...

Beautiful card . Sad reason to have to make a card but it will be well received.