Sunday, April 3, 2011

Recipe for Success - Die Cut Diva Style

Paula has challenged the flickr group Die Cut Divas to a recipe challenge.  My first thought was I'm not cooking.... second thing I did was read the recipe... all over at the Die Cut Diva flickr group..  Here's the recipe:

Nestie, die cutter of some kind or embossing folder
Ink & lastly
2 embelishments like buttons, flowers etc.

As Paula says "easy peasy".  I used my Nestie, ribbon, inked up a Hero Arts (HA) stamp from "Joy RideCL481, punched a hole at the end of each handle bar to add floss for streamers.  and added a couple of pearls to the wheels.  The bottom layer is stamped with HA "Envelope PatternS5507 to add a bit of texture to that layer.  The other two layers are my recycled tissue boxes.  I've had the stamped image and two die-cuts layered for two months and didn't have a clue how I was going to use them.  Yesterday morning I knew I had to make the card the way you see it.  Sometimes it works and.... well, they always work, don't they?  


Barb said...

Love the layered nesties, Arlene! Fabulous texture too! Fun card and great recycling of the tissue boxes!

Dawn said...

What a cool look you have achieved Arlene. Great card.

Virginia L. said...

Wow! I love how you used the diecut for the bike image! Totally cute, Arlene!

BabyBokChoy said...

LOVE these diecuts you have used and the color choices!!!

Tracy S said...

This is so pretty. I love the inking you did in the background of that cool bike stamp.
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog.