Monday, March 2, 2009

Walking shoes Mar 2009

Hero Arts bloggers won a day on Hero Arts to amaze and tantalize us all. Loved every day - such unique and wonderful displays. I loved them all and wanted to do a card for each one. Sadly, it was not to be.

I liked Deborah Nolan's parading elephants and just couldn't help think of that song with these lyrics, "these boots were made for walkin' and that's just what they'll do..." So, I created shoes walking across the card. I chose bright red and hot pink to make sure no one missed a walkin' shoe. All I was hoping too, was that I not color OUTSIDE the lines on the last shoe. Whew! It turned out much better than I thought too.

When I saw this set of stamps in my local stamp store, The Stamp Art Shoppe, it drew me. Never in a million years did I think I would use this little shoe so often. It is so utterly versatile... I think I have more cards with shoes than I have shoes.... ooooh. And I'm not into shoes or fashion... except for this set... Neither am I, nor have I ever been a girly girl... much to the chagrin of my grandmother...

There is a contest for best scrapbooking in Sacramento area and the Stamp Art Shoppe is listed. If you've been there, you may wish to cast a vote at KCRA A-List.

One more thing. I just posted a blinkie for the Hero Arts site here too.

No comments: