Thursday, February 12, 2009

Feb Asian Round card 2009

There's a Cuttlebug Challenge at Cubblebugchallenge.blogspot.com and I thought of the wonderful scallop pocket card which was featured on "Watch it Wednesdays" at Hero Arts dated January 14, 2009. Fantastic little video gives all the 'How to" and this is so easy to do.

I used the Nestabilities Circles in my Cuttlebug (nice little bug) and cut cardstock 3 times - the other two are white and I used some wonderful papers from DCWV "The Far East Mat Stack" for the top of the stack. It's so easy if you watch the video just once.

DIe-cut all three circles at the same time
Punch out small circles (I used 10)
Decorate the top circle as you wish
Adhere all small circles with removable tape (OK NOW you NEED to go watch the video - look on the right side-bar for "Watch it Wednesdays").

The middle will be cut and all but the slider part will be adhered to the bottom circle Take two of the small circles and adhere to the middle slider permanentlly. Adhear the top circle to the other circle so you can slide your slider in and out. Just watch the video... I put an eyelet in and put some yarn through so the receiver of this card will know she should pull it. This fits so snugly that you would never know there was a hidden pocket.

I'm also entering this card in the Hero Arts challenge for this week - our favorite stamps. And the Four Dolls set and Slanted Tree are my favorites for the past month or so. Brand new and wonderful to work with.

I stamped the lantern, doll and tree in brown ink as part of the Cuttlebug challenge was to use an Asian theme but NO BLACK OR RED allowed. I used a complementary color for my small circles and stamped the lantern, fan and doll out of the same cardstock. There's some variation in color so I could stamp the face in a suitable face color. Some pearls and gems dot the images. The doll is holding the fan.

I am pleased with the results and hope you like them too.

No comments: