Monday, January 26, 2009

Valentine Doll

Valentine Doll
Valentine Doll,
originally uploaded by Clarian's Hawk * Arlene.

Last week at the Hero Arts (HA) blog was a week of hearts in all shapes and sizes for Valentine's Day. I also wanted to enter a challenge to post on Caardvarks - polka dots... and I couldn't think of anything polka dottsy... (I'm sure that's not a word) without being too cutesy for me...

I looked for papers with dots and when I happened onto the red paper with black polka dots, I knew I had my paper. I had just stamped the HA doll from HA Four Dolls clear set and knew that was the second item going on my card. I had glued red glitter to a couple hearts I had cut with my Cuttlebug and they were still out.. I was on a roll. Ok, Valentine stamp... yes and what ribbons...? I liked both the black and red, so I knew right away how I wanted the design to go and it came together so quickly - the bottom of the doll stuck outside the heart - but not for long.

I am very happy with this card.... I'm waiting for the doll behind the heart to step out...

No comments: