Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Water Lily Inchie Card

Water Lily Inchie Card
Water Lily Inchie Card,
originally uploaded by Clarian's Hawk.
It's contest time again - like it isn't contest time every week? This time, it's an "inchie." I had never heard of inchies until I started reading all the blogs and wondered what an inchie was and what the excitement was all about. Now's the time to try it out... and with the help of all the wonderful tutorials at the Hero Arts website http://heroarts.com/blogs/club/.

I got my Hero Arts (HA) Water Lily stamp in from Stampin Treasures http://www.stampintreasures.com/ the day before and so I had an idea. I inked the stamp on a Rubber Stamp Paint Box long variegated ink pad with green on the stem. I loved the look, sponged, yellow over it (ordinarily I would have sponged the colors first, but I was working on a trial run and it happened to be turning into what I wanted), sponged some orange on, then added a bit of red to the right, a bit of blue to the left and was satisfied. I added the dragonflies and stamped the butterfly on red card stock (CS) from the Clear HA "Share Laughter". I popped the butterfly up. I had my finished piece... YAY! So what was I going to do with these? I was drawn to a piece of green CS that was in my scrap box and taped the inchies down, using a piece of CS as a straight edge. I was really surprised at how they lined up... I'm not used to this being an easy job. I taped this to a notecard and pulled the soft yellow Cubblebug swirls CS out and taped it to the bottom. I thought of the green sheer ribbon in my drawer, pulled it out and decided to tie it on the left side adding yellow gems to the ribbon. I put a glue dot under the bow to hold it in place. I had a great timel putting this together. This might not be my only inchie.. They're rather fun!

No comments: