Sunday, August 28, 2022

Time for Cake?

 A big thank you to my teammate from Die Cut Divas, Linda, for sending me the cake die-cuts for my easel cards.  Check out Die Cut Divas to enter the challenge of making shaped cards.

On this first card, I can taste the chocolate dripping down the cake.  I just love the candles - they are much taller than the ones on my cake, which I cut down.  I was tempted to put the sentiment on the cake, but decided to use it as the stop on the easel.  You can do so much with this die - birthdays, celebrations of all kinds.  



Standing up as an easel card with that wonderful large sentiment.
ded the pink flower pieces from the cake die and I added the white with a uniball white pen and a drop of Nuvo gloss in the middle of each flower.  I gave this card to my daughter-in-law for her birthday this month.


Card # 1: Supplies:
Poppy Stamps Bird House Pop Up Easel set (needles from set used on cake)
Copic marker # G20 on leaves

Card # 2: Supplies:
Whimsy A Bunny Birthday Stamp set and matching die set
Copic markers E30, E31, R20 & R22 on bunnies; R20 & R22 on candles
Uni-ball Signo pen - white
Nuvo Crystal Drops - Gloss - Simply White
Vagabond die cut machine

I'd like to enter the following challenges:
SheepSkiDesigns # 65 "Anything Goes"
The Paper Funday - # 44 "Anything Goes" (I am not doing opt twist)
Ally's Angels  #61 "Anything Goes 
NBUS # 41 - Never Before Used Stuff - Cake die cut




3 comments:

Dawn T said...

Two stunning cards. Love the two versions. And what fun to play along with Linda at Die Cut Divas today.

Cindy C. said...

Sweet cakes indeed! Wow!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Thanks for suggesting "cake wars", Arlene! Always fun to see what different ways dies can be used...Just love your cake with the dripping chocolate and the bunny cake looks adorable!! Glad you had fun with the die cuts!!