Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Julia Spiri and World Wide Open Design Team Challenge for December

 World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

You MUST be a DT on any Design Team in the World to be eligible to enter this Challenge ~ New exception rule, this challenge is now open to any of Julia Spiri Facebook Members, and you are not required to be on a DT.

The challenge runs from December 15th through January 12th, Sydney Time Zone 7:00 a.m. or if you're in California, like me, The challenge starts on a Tuesday, December 14, at 2:00 p.m. Pacific Daylight

I had enough time and energy to make two cards using the Winter Houses image from Julia Spiri.  I used a digital background and cut the house image out to adhere to the paper.  I wanted only blues with a pop of green.  Lots of Stickles makes this a very glittery card.  The embossing added nice texture, but you can't see that on every raised dot is a bead of Crystal Stickles.  The whole card literally sparkles.

I wanted to give this larger Winter Houses image a warm feeling, so added yellow to the brown tones of the house.  I also added white Nuvo drops (Simply White) to the trees, house, smoke and snow, leaving almost no surface untouched.  I then added copious amounts of Crystal Stickles to the areas untouched by the Nuvo drops.  I had lots of fun coloring this image.

Close-up below  I used RV91 and RV93 for the tempestuous sky.  I hope you can see the Nuvo drops and Stickles clearly.  This close-up really does not do the finished card credit, but only a close-up can show you what I did.
Supplies:
Julia Spiri digital Winter Houses
Julia Spiri Winter Watercolor Digital Paper (first card only)
Elizabeth Craft Designs Stitched Rectangles dies
Darice embossing folder (first card only)
Crystal Stickles
Nuvo Crystal Drops Gloss - Simply White (2nd card only)
Copic markers
Vagabond die cut machine

I am entering the following challenges:
Challenge Up Your Life - # 142 - Magical Christmas
Christmas 24 - challenge #042 - Embellishment
Classic Design - #12 - ATG
Merry Little Christmas - MLCCB #41 - Anything Christmas Goes





2 comments:

papierelle said...

Very beautiful winter scene!!!

Fabiola said...

magnifique création, malheureusement le thème de Christmas 24 est ruban, merci de jouer avec nous chez Christmas 24, biz