Sunday, May 2, 2021

Card Chain Challenge Reveal

 I always try to join in the Card Chain Challenge (CCC) as it's so much fun to receive something in the mail!  You still have time to join in CCC for May.  The sign-up deadline is May 6th.  All entries will be revealed at CCC on the 2nd of June.  

I chose the challenge of using die-cuts and I used lots of them for this summer "Fun in the Sun" card.  Maybe April was too soon to think of summer, but I couldn't stop thinking summer!

As you can see, there were a number of ways to challenge yourself to create a card to send by snail mail.  


I am still on a "slimline High", so to speak.  I've pre-sponged panels and die-cut them for future uses.  While I'm inky, I like to work on more than one project or image.  I thought this Distress Oxide mix of colors was perfect for a beach scene of sun, palm trees and beach related paraphernalia  Having dies made for slimline cards saves a lot of time in trying to adapt other dies and gives a great finished appearance to a card.
Supplies:
Elizabeth Craft Designs dies Palm Trees Summer, Beach 
Elizabeth Craft Designs dies Sun and Surf
Elizabeth Craft Designs stamp set Beach Sentiments
Sunny Studio Stamps - slimline Scalloped Frame
Distress Oxides and Distress Inks
Copic markers
Vagabond die cut machine

I am entering the following:
Polkadoodle  "Anything Goes"  WK 17
Colour Crazy Craft Challenge "Anything Goes" WK 16
Creative Moments - "Anything Goes" # 213
Mix it Up - "Anything Goes & Layering" MIUCB #49
A Perfect Time to Craft - "Anything Goes"




10 comments:

HilaryJane said...

I love your blended background and the lovely warm sunny feel of your beach. the scene works so well as a slimline card. love the frame die too xx

Dotty Jo said...

Just where I'd like to be right now! Love your card, Arlene, Jo x

Julia Aston said...

What a fun beach design - I'd love to be there now!

Robyn Oliver said...

A really fun CCC card Arlene...Robyn

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous card Arlene.

Angelnorth said...

Lovely blended inkiness - great backdrop for your fun beach scene Arlene!

sweetpea said...

Lovely card. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Polkadoodles challenge Janet DT

Jane said...

Fab scene, don't I wish I was there! Thanks for playing at Polkadoodles, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Jackie Cornfield said...

Just perfect for the Challenge!
Great project!
We are so happy that you have shared this with us here at Colour Crazy.
Stay safe and well.
Good luck and we hope you will come back again! Jackie DT Member xxx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fabulous beach scene, Arlene - love it!!