Saturday, February 20, 2021

Card Chain Challenge for February!

 It's always so much fun to participate in the Card Chain Challenge each month.  I love to receive a hand-made card in the mail.  It's a little gift of love to hold in your hand each month.  You can check out all the cards at Card Chain Challenge here!

As soon as I saw "Polar Bear" as an option, I knew one item my card would have, yes, a polar bear.  Since Valentine's Day is in February, I also thought hearts should occupy a spot on my card and in my heart.  I used the same Copic color (BG10) on everything that's colored, hearts and friend to the bear's hat.  Obviously the more saturated the paper, the deeper the color.  My sky is a deep Navy, part of a packaging from years ago. 


You can see the options below with the supply list following that.


SUPPLIES:
Elizabeth Craft Designs Polar Bear
Elizabeth Craft Designs Stitched Rectangles
Elizabeth Craft Designs Adventure Edges
Sizzix thinlits die set friendship words
Copic marker BG10 
Vagabond die cut machine

I will enter this card in the following challenges:
Dies R Us (AG w/DRU die) #163
Simon Says (Wednesday - Add some texture lots of hills & hearts & a bear)
Simon Says (Monday - favorite technique - using dies is my favorite technique)



8 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Such a sweet card, Arlene! I'm amazed at how may players picked up on the polar bear theme - I thought I was being a little left of field when I added that one to the list! Thanks for being a link in the chain, Jo x

Lori Kobular said...

What an adorable card! I love that cute polar bear! Thanks for sharing with us at Dies R Us Challenges!!

HilaryJane said...

What a gorgeous colour that is. wonderful little bear and the hearts make it an especially friendly card and look lovely against the dark background and white foreground xx

Julia Aston said...

What a sweet little polar bear! Love the mint green color - he would make a lovely new baby card in these colors as well! xx

Jutta said...

Loving this super cute card Arlene with it's hearts and that bear in a beanie just too sweet!

Robyn Oliver said...

Very cute little polar bear die cut... a fabulous card Arlee, Robyn

Angelnorth said...

Such a sweet little bear and the subtle blue green is so soft and pretty - love it!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Adorable polar bear, Arlene, and I love the soft colors!!