Thursday, January 14, 2021

Ollie Owl is Skiing Her Way Into Your Life from Julia Spiri

 World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

You MUST be a DT on any Design Team in the World to be eligible to enter this Challenge ~ New exception rule, this challenge is now open to any of Julia Spiri Facebook Members, and you are not required to be on a DT.

I got to play around with a cute little owl this month as a Guest Designer for DT World Wide challenge. I think the dear is adorable and could be a Christmas owl or equally a Winter Owl with something to say to a friend.  

The challenge runs from January 15th through February 12th, Sydney Time Zone 7:00 a.m. or if you're in California, like me, that's on a Thursday, January  14, at 2:00 p.m. Pacific Daylight. 

I think you could make this owl suitable for a guy or a gal with the change of hat and scarf colors.  Any message would be appropriate.  I just plucked the image into Word and added my own sentiments to this darling Owl.  So much fun playing with colors too.  I had to make two cards.  I don't think I have time for 3 cards, but you never know.

Card # 2 below

I goofed up on this one.  I was coloring the sky and pulled red from the tassels hanging down from the hat, so now I've made them look like braids.  I was unwilling to toss this because of two booboos, one on each side.

Close-up of the "Get Well" card below

Supplies:
Julia Spiri Ollie Owl
Die-namics Stitched Ovals and Pierced Circles
Copic markers
Vagabond die cut machine

















2 comments:

Dawn T said...

so adorable Arlene. I really love this image

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling pair of owl cards, Arlene - didn't see any boo boos; you covered them perfectly!!