Monday, June 15, 2020

A Father's Day Card

My friend Nancy Edwards used the cutest image for a card she is giving her husband (on Facebook) and I had to have it.  I love Nancy's coloring and all the special things she did to make her card an EVENT worth celebrating for Father's Day.  Visit Nancy at Pink Panoply to see her gorgeous card.

I stenciled the background with "wall paper" and I'll call the floor a "rug".  The image was easy to fussy cut and I adhered it with glue-dots so the image would not be pressed close to the paper.  I was going to pop it up on foam, but actually forgot to do so in my enthusiasm to put the card together.  I'm very happy with the results.

I think this is a picture of a guy relaxing on the weekend with a cool something in his hand to ward off the summer heat. 


Close-up below

Supplies:
Mo's Digital Pencil (image)
Distress Inks: Mermaid Lagoon & Frayed Burlap
Die-namics Blueprints 11 (YOU ROCK die-cut)
Little B Handwritten (congrats die-cut)
The Crafters Workshop.com (TCW) stencil for the wall & Kite stencil for the floor
Copic markers
Glitter paper
Vagabond die cut machine

I'd like to enter the following challenges:
Make My Monday: Summer Activities
Sweet Stampin': Diecuts/Punches with stamp
My Time to Craft: Summertime

4 comments:

Chris said...

Fabulous! Great design- love the image!! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Chris
x

meg said...

He looks as though he is having fun,a great card,thank you for joining in at MMM

Debbie Mageed said...

Such a cute Father's Day card and definitely a summer activity during a pandemic! Thank you for playing with us at MMM challenge and hope you can join us again soon.

Grenouille Greetings said...

Loving your great room setting. That wall paper is cool and looks fabulous behind this obviously cool dude relaxing in his chair. It's great to see you join in the fun at Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge this month with this terrific card