Saturday, March 4, 2017

Hero Arts Butterfly Fancy Stencil

A2Z Scrapbooking has a great challenge to enter - stenciling.  You can use your stencils to create depth and and shape.

If you don't have a stencil, you can create your own, which is what I've done here.  I am not exactly creating a journal, nor a notebook or a book of images or designs.  I'm not sure yet, what it will end up being, but one has to make a start at least.  I needed something to keep track of challenges and designs as well as being fun.   I made a page to fit a grunge book which I am painting white.  This will be a page inside the book.  I chose a patterned paper and used a stencil of various sized dots, then die cut the butterfly to use it as a stencil.  I sponged white Unicorn ink into the holes and along the border of the butterfly stencil.   I would not have used the white inked butterfly except that it brought out the outlines of inked butterfly image that I stenciled.

I added some words and small gems, white reinforcements and a digital image for color.

Hero Arts Butterfly Fancy
Hero Arts Butterfly Fancy
Supplies:
  • Hero Arts Butterfly Fancy Die
  • Hero Arts Digital Road Trip (Route 66)
  • Hero Arts White Unicorn ink
  • Hero Arts Nesting Tag Dies (reinforcements)
  • Hero Arts My Words - old HA clear set
  • Elizabeth Craft Design stickers -
  • Ranger Distress ink
You can use code Arlene15 at checkout to receive 15% off your purchase of $25 or more (before tax and shipping).  If you need craft items that you don’t see in the store, don’t forget you can special order them here at the A2ZScrapbooking Store.

Free Shipping on Domestic Orders $50.00 or More.  Be sure to check out our sales/ retired section for 50%- and more off.

The inside is simple and I did photograph the inside on my blog.  You can catch me at A2Z Scrapbooking here.

1 comment:

Pajalu said...

Wow Arlene what an amazing piece of art. That butterfly is gorgeous and I bet whatever this ends up becoming will be just as amazing.