Sunday, June 28, 2015

You can't always do Happy

You can't always do Happy, but I needed to create some cards for a couple of co-workers, which turned out quite well, I think.
This first card is a sympathy card for a friend at work whose mother passed away.  For work cards, I just fold an 8" X 11" piece of card stock in half and use that as my canvas.  That's what I did on the first and second cards here.

I like blues and especially when doing masculine cards.  I just let the paper speak for itself.

Elizabeth Craft Designs Big Flower Set 1 
Elizabeth Craft Designs Garden Patch - 1 1/2" & Mini Roses
The flowers are made from a regular tissue box
Die-namics Stitched Tred Tag Stax
Light blue colored gems
BoBunny papers
Folded white card stock (8 1/2" X 11" folded in half)

It's rather hard to see this inlay - THINKING OF YOU - It looks much better in person because you can see the indented printing better.  A card for co-workers to sign for a friend who was attacked on the bike trail and has his jaw wired shut for 6 weeks 
Elizabeth Craft Designs Garden Patch - 1 1/2" & Mini Roses  I took the inchies that were cut by the Garden Patch die on the top card (BoBunny has two sided paper) and arranged by in tri-angles for a background.  Some of the squares are not lined up as well as others, but they are covered by giant butterflies to hide any flaws.  
Hero Arts Butterfly Die
Folded white card stock (8 1/2" X 11" folded in half)

This card is for the same person who was attacked.  This will be from our Toastmasters group. 
The "WHAT" is "What in the world happened?"
 Elizabeth Craft Designs Beach Edges
Ellentina Cutting Dies Class Collection bicycles (DCT006 & DC007)
BoBunny paper & other scrap papers
Hero Arts Everyday Sayings CL342 - an oldie but a goodie group of sayings

I hop you like these cards.  I thought those inchies would come in handy.


No comments: