Monday, September 16, 2013

Interview with Lynell Harlow

Sponsor of Die Cut Divas for August 2013 - Dreamweaver Stencils
An interview with the owner of Dreamweaver Stencils, Lynell Harlow is featured on Die Cut Divas today!

I'm featuring one question here.

What is one of your favourite products that you carry & why? I think the embossing pastes are wonderful for adding dimension on dark colored papers and the Metallic F/X mica powders complement the pastes.

  A list of Lynell's books and DVDs is included below.

Lynell's 
Artful Cards
New Dimensions in Cardmaking
Zentangle 6 (a Design Originals book with Suzanne McNeill featuring Dreamweaver stencils and several projects by design team members)

Unique Techniques
Embossing Paste Techniques for Artful Cardmaking
Tips 'n Tools for Creating with Metal Stencils

If you ever have a chance to take a class with Lynell, don't hesitate.  You will be happy you did.  Lots of good information and products packed into her classes.  I believe she'll be in the U.K. in September.  

Here is my example of using paste from Lynell's line and reading Zentangle 6 featuring Lynell's stencils.  It's a Stentangle kind of thing.  I loved doing this card as a combo of using embossing paste and a flourish of zentangles.
Of course, I have a recycled item on my card - guess?  The gold panel is a left-over piece of Xmas wrapping paper!

Close-up
Explanation of panels - Right panel -Coral 
Middle panel - Ribbon Bow (what looks like a flower), Fan Border to the lower left (look like teeth to me), overlapping Rectangles upper right & under that is a Frond and what I call bubbles.
Left panel is a Teak Leaf & Bristles and Hair.

1 comment:

Cindy C. said...

I love that umbrella!!