Sunday, May 20, 2012

Dust em' off # 2

I am one to never throw away something I've stamped unless I've tried and tried to bring it to life and it still, let's face it, sucks! I think I have redeemed an image stamped in Egyptian Gold, which faded into the background.  I wondered if I made a die-cut if it would be any better - NOT!  Come to save the day! - Superman, posing as Clark Kent, well-mannered ... -  no... STICKLES!  

I thought it couldn't do any worse if I put Gold Stickles all over the silhouette.  It's growing on me.  I added a Hero Arts ribbon with a few pearls and Voila!

I'm entering this into the Dust em Off challenge at A Blog Named Hero and the fabulous Die Cut Divas flickr group.

Recipe:  
Hero Arts Ribbon
Small Pearls
Cuttlebug
Nestabilities Lacy Circle
Nestabilities Circle
Egyptian Gold embossing powder - about 10 or so years old
Gold Stickles

5 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Love hearing how you revived the stamped piece!

Dawn said...

lovely save Arlene.

Melissa Shea said...

Nice way to use up some supplies! Thanks for playing (2x!!) with us at a Blog Named Hero :)

lostinpaper said...

Can't believe stickles was the great saver! What a clever idea and such an awesome card too! Love it!

Mary Dawn said...

meanwhile..... LOL so funny! damsel in distress saved! thanks so much for playing along with Challenge #4 at A Blog Named Hero!!