Saturday, June 19, 2010

Too late, but love the sketch


The CardPatterns Sketch # 68 is just such a fantastic sketch, but my allergies were so bad that I couldn't think where I put the camera... and guess what.... the camera was where I usually keep it... sigh. Unfortunately the challenge is closed, but I love the pattern and wanted to share.

But since I really like the card I made, I am definitely going to be using this sketch for more cards. The red background is sponged on Ranger Distress Inks Worn Lipstick and Fired Brick. It gives a cool background - I also sponged the same colors on the back of the card... why, you say? Because some wet distress inks marred the surface. The back is the same rich color red as the front base of this card now. I'm trading this on a Swap-bot group and it's a Receiver's choice (the members who join this swap list what kinds of cards they would like to receive and the sender makes them a card). She listed animals (surprise me) and I hope she likes it.
I sponged Forest Moss (yes, that dark, almost black, green) around the outside of the oval I cut with Nestabilities Large Ovals in my Cuttlebug. You've got to love those Nesties. I colored my sweet deer (Hero Arts Deer with Copic markers Caramel (YR14) and Sepia (E37) with one of the pale pink tones on the ears. I stamped the two birds on red paper and the butterfly on a varigated green pattern, cut out and attached. The sentiment is from Hero Arts Friends.

No comments: